I am spending the day with christmas leftovers! Not the chewy kind, but finishing christmas projects which didn't make it to christmas eve! At least they will be done by next christmas!
Only handsewing the binding is left on these placemats:
The placemats are pieced with Aurifil 50wt and quilted with Aurifil 40 wt. I really like Aurifils thread and quilting with a 3.5 stitch length.
I was stitching a mystery quilt project from a Norwegian quiltmagazine to make sure it was finished for christmas. When the mystery was solved and I thought I had finished all the 4 blocks - I realized I had sewn the 2nd block twice - so I hurried to finish the 3rd block. I used the transfer eze paper, but when I washed it out and ironed the blocks I was disappointed - I think I might not have washed it enough - because they became stiff and did not look good.
So I made 5 mug rugs instead - they are now quilted, but I need to find the right binding.
So Happy New Year everyone! I'm of to start a new project - I just have to decide which one of my hundred ideas will be first...